Saturday, February 5, 2022

Dilemma!

 

I, a judge,

so just and bright,

never really knew,

that it was a dilemma I have to fight.


Every case I indulged,

every situation I were to face,

I handled it with expertise,

with no nepotism to trace.


One day my eyes fell upon,

a very familiar face.

I see my dear brother,

his demeanor I gaze.


I go back to my senses,

I read through his file,

never really knowing,

that my brother was this vile.


He was a serial killer,

hidden all along,

he dared not speak

but his actions were clear and loud.


As I look at him, 

I no longer see,

a little boy,

with innocence at plenty.


As I sentence him guilty,

with hanging as retribution,

I was ever so composed,

but now I feel so gruesome.


The police took him away,

I never saw him again.

As I didnt see him anymore,

All my heart felt was pain. 


As I returned home,

I see my mother crying,

calling me a monster,

a beast I am truly.


I speak that it was my duty,

and that justice is blind,

She argued whether there was really, 

no loop hole to find. 


She cried and cried,

calling me a monster,

It was justifiable,

for it was her son she would lose forever.


Tell me dear reader,

was it really my fault?

that it was not love,

but for justice I fought.


I was so great,

handling every case with intrigue,

tell me your answer,

as I cry myself to sleep. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

The Tiger Who Lost his Stripes

 I am a beast, atleast, that's what my mother tells me, to stalk and ambush prey, that is my destiny. My father is strong, he captures a...