Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Second Chance

Ah! Guilt.

A worthy opponent, capable of meddling it's way to the minds of the most sharpest of wits.

Now, hear the veracity of a lad who committed crimes through out his life; finally shows his pure regret,

at the brink of execution.


Poem

Help me,

Though I know, I have committed a crime.

I am aware,

There is no more time.


My existence is interrogated,

My life ends with a question,

But, please think carefully, my friend,

Is fugitivity really my ambition?


Please give me a second chance.

Though I know I have destroyed lives,

Meddled my way amongst the crowd,

Haunting minds.


Please give me a second chance,

To right my wrongs.

Let me have freedom,

Which my heart bitterly longs.

The chains of guilt,

That tie me afar,

To face the world,

My biggest fear.


The tears that run down my cheek,

Don’t express the pain I have gone through,

But the pain I have given others,

Like poison in brew.


There is right and wrong in all of us,

It is who we choose to be,

I have chosen the path of vile before,

Which is not who I am really.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Tiger Who Lost his Stripes

 I am a beast, atleast, that's what my mother tells me, to stalk and ambush prey, that is my destiny. My father is strong, he captures a...