Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Real Monsters are not those Underneath my Bed

 When I was young,

with no fear of the dead,

people told me,

that there were monsters underneath my bed.


Be it a mere trick,

or just for my fearful leap,

but I honestly cross my heart,

that it haunted my sleep.


I tossed and turned,

sleeping next to my parents all night.

Wondering what I would do?

If I were alone with this fright.


As I grew up,

As I read,

I suddenly realized that,

real monsters were not those underneath my bed.


Real monsters were among me,

hiding in plain sight,

waiting for the best opportunity,

to brutally strike.


Nevertheless, I see light at the end of the tunnel.

Luminescent and bright,

I hope It will be there to guide me,

through out the eerie night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Tiger Who Lost his Stripes

 I am a beast, atleast, that's what my mother tells me, to stalk and ambush prey, that is my destiny. My father is strong, he captures a...